[mythtvnz] HDHomerun - VLC on Linux - Yes - well sort of!

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 19:49:42 BST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> Steven
>
> Re CPU I was quoting from http://www.silicondust.com/products/hdhomerun_dvbt  I expect you are correct.
>
> Out of interest what signal strength and quality are you testing with?
>
> I've moved my unit up to the top of the antennae tree here to now get 100% strength and 85-87% quality.  It probably improves things
> a little, the issues continue, just less so.  Video breaks on TV1 do not seem associated with any appreciable S/Q % reduction's
> outside the minor variation that occurs, instead they do seem to be associated with major video scene changes.  TV1 is curiously and
> currently displaying better than C4.  I look forward to running up a VDPAU box.
>
> Kind regards
> David

As I understand it the HDHR just passes the stream through with no
processing. Therefore the decoding requirements will be the same as
with a DVB-T card, and theres plenty about that in the archives of
this list. Also you will need the various patches for h264 paff
interlacing and he-aac audio. Which version of myth are you using?