[mythtvnz] HDHomerun - VLC on Linux - Yes - well sort of!

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Mar 30 11:49:40 BST 2009

Steven

Re CPU I was quoting from http://www.silicondust.com/products/hdhomerun_dvbt  I expect you are correct.

Out of interest what signal strength and quality are you testing with?

I've moved my unit up to the top of the antennae tree here to now get 100% strength and 85-87% quality.  It probably improves things
a little, the issues continue, just less so.  Video breaks on TV1 do not seem associated with any appreciable S/Q % reduction's
outside the minor variation that occurs, instead they do seem to be associated with major video scene changes.  TV1 is curiously and
currently displaying better than C4.  I look forward to running up a VDPAU box.

Kind regards
David