[mythtvnz] HVR-4000 Installed !

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Mon Mar 23 05:40:13 GMT 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 17:18 +1300, Dr. David J. Knowles wrote:
> I don't think that the HVR-4000 drivers appear until 2.6.28. 8.04 is not
> recent enough for the drivers to be included. You can look at the dmesg
> output to determine if the card is recognised.
>
> If not they you will have to get the latest DVB source and compile it on
> your computer.
>
> Have a look at this link
>
> http://www.eurocardsharing.com/f273/howto-getting-hvr-4000-nova-hd-cards-working-linux-using-s2api-105681

Any standard 2.6.28+ kernel will support fully the HVR-4000 with S,S2,T,
AnalogTV and Radio. Support for S2 in Mythtv is a different story and it
not needed in NZ as there is no S2 signals apart from the Sky HD
Channels which won't work with the not to be named card software yet.
(or I may be wrong if anyone can point to be any non-encryted S2 signals
available from NZ)

Thanks