[mythtvnz] HVR-4000 Installed !

Dr. David J. Knowles dknowles at clearfield.com
Mon Mar 23 04:18:48 GMT 2009

I don't think that the HVR-4000 drivers appear until 2.6.28. 8.04 is not
recent enough for the drivers to be included. You can look at the dmesg
output to determine if the card is recognised.

If not they you will have to get the latest DVB source and compile it on
your computer.

Have a look at this link

http://www.eurocardsharing.com/f273/howto-getting-hvr-4000-nova-hd-cards-working-linux-using-s2api-105681

With respect to Freeview the latest version of MythTV with local patches
is required to read the data which is transmitted in NZ. The original
MythTV code was patched by Paul Kendell and changed again by Jean-Yves
Avenard to support using NVidia cards to help decode the streams which
require very high CPU's otherwise.

Using NVidia cards of the right type (basically Series 8 and 9) an
Athlon x2 64 4200 will play back the streams.

I have had trouble finding a program under Microsoft which will play the
streams. Your mileage may vary. The sound usually does not play.

David

Dr. David J. Knowles  <dknowles at clearfield.com> Senior Systems Architect
Phone (+64 9)  358 2081                          Clearfield Software Ltd
Fax   (+64 9)  358 2083                    1st Floor 8-10 Whitaker Place
Mob   (+64 21) 75 9090                P O Box 3901 Auckland, New Zealand