[mythtvnz] HVR-4000 Installed !

Hayden Barker hayden.barker at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 05:27:01 GMT 2009

Hi There,

I am now the owner of a HVR-4000 capture card c/o BDT clearance sales.
I already have been using my PVR-150 with good success, and have built
a machine that works well for my father based on a PVR-500 (Dual
Tuner).

I have gone through all the steps and hoops to get the card to be
recognized on Ubuntu(8.04) and can see the DVB-T, DVB-S, and analogue
inputs. I don't have a sky dish installed on the house I have
currently and was hoping to get some Terrestrial channels with the new
card. If I can't that's cool I will just run dual tuner free to air.

I have done some searching but am quite confused as to what has
happened. Looks like I may need to add some patches or something to
work with NZ FreeView ?

I plugged the card into another PC (Windows) and can see the DVB-T
signals and channels using GBPVR although my computer is far to slow
to look at HD H.264 content.

I was thinking that as my backend server won't have the grunt to play
HD content perhaps I could have the backend record the program and
then play it on a networked pc ?

Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Hayden

--

Mobile/SMS : +6421643104