[mythtvnz] Managing a PLUS1 channel in the EPG

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 10:15:05 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz>wrote:

> I've been talking to some of my customers about their expectations and none
> of this really works for them
>
> The general expectation is if they select a recording for TV3 it should
> automatically know to use TV3 PLUS1 as a backup channel etc.

I think MythTV has been developed on the assumption that channels will
become fairly unimportant to users over time - people will tend to want to
"record Prison Break", not "record Prison Break on channel 3".

What would happen if you gave TV3 PLUS 1 the same callsign but a different
xmltvid? I'm not 100% sure that would work, but it might do what you want.

Cheers,