[mythtvnz] Managing a PLUS1 channel in the EPG

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Mar 11 05:38:39 GMT 2009

On 11/03/2009, at 5:08 PM, Steve Hodge wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Steven Ellis
> <steven at openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> Any thoughts on best practise to handle a PLUS1 channel now that TV3
> PLUS1
> is due to start at the end of the month.
>
> It will need to be a distinct callsign as the epg data is different
> from
> TV3, but how should scheduling be managed.
>
> Yes, distinct callsign and xmltvid.

I agree

> For example I might be happy to record "Prison Break" off TV3 or TV3
> PLUS1
> so I'd select find once a week on any channel. Now if Sky are
> showing it
> things start to break.
>
> Not really. Just record them all and delete what you don't want. Or
> set up a power rule. Or set the priority on the Sky channel lower.
>
> Shame there doesn't appear to a way to link a group of channels
> together
> into a single virtual channel to allow for these timeshift versions.
>
> I think that would be over complicating things for little real
> benefit.

I've been talking to some of my customers about their expectations and
none of this really works for them

The general expectation is if they select a recording for TV3 it
should automatically know to use TV3 PLUS1 as a backup channel etc.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz