[mythtvnz] Managing a PLUS1 channel in the EPG

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Mar 11 10:40:27 GMT 2009

On 11/03/2009, at 11:15 PM, Steve Hodge wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Steven Ellis
> <steven at openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> I've been talking to some of my customers about their expectations
> and none of this really works for them
>
> The general expectation is if they select a recording for TV3 it
> should automatically know to use TV3 PLUS1 as a backup channel etc.
>
> I think MythTV has been developed on the assumption that channels
> will become fairly unimportant to users over time - people will tend
> to want to "record Prison Break", not "record Prison Break on
> channel 3".
>
> What would happen if you gave TV3 PLUS 1 the same callsign but a
> different xmltvid? I'm not 100% sure that would work, but it might
> do what you want.

The problem is recording Prison Break from TV3 and not Sky etc. Series
link does offer that to some degree by making sure you don't get
duplicates and allow you to restrict recordings to a single season.

Another nice to have would be record in prime time only to avoid those
middle of the week repeats of season 1.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited