[mythtvnz] MythTV 0.21 and VDPAU

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 09:51:01 GMT 2009

Hi again

2009/3/11 Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz>

> I've done an updated write up at
>
> http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/2009/03/11/vdpau-and-mythtv-021/
>
> Mostly good, especially as I now have a sample that can reproduce most of
> the audio stutter issues.
>
> Seriously impressed how good Underbelly looked tonight on TV3 in full HD,
> but sadly the video tearing started to drive me a bit crazy.
>
> I'd love to compare notes on xorg.conf and playback profile settings for
> the best output.

Okay, I read your review.

I just thing the 8400gs isn't powerful enough for what you want to do and
Temporal 2X ; I'm even surprised you're actually getting something watchable
with Temporal 2X and a 8400gs.

I personally use a 9400GT, and while it can't do Advanced 2X ; Advanced 1X
gives very good result. And I certainly don't get any more crashes that I do
without VDPAU...

Whenever my wife complain about something, it's because I restarted the
backend or the frontend via a ssh session .. I assumed that with the kind of
crap she watches her wrath won't last !