[mythtvnz] Sky->smart card reader->MythTV ???

David Zanetti dave2 at wetstring.net
Sun Mar 1 04:33:34 GMT 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 10:26 +1300, Kenneth Dixon wrote:
> The last thing I want to do is cause anyone grief.
> However it seems to me this technique is about as illegal as
> watching a DVD on a Linux system which is also circumventing
> the protection measures. I don't think anybody would have
> any qualms about giving somebody advice on getting DVD's
> working on their MythTV box.

Maybe, but that's yet to be tested in a court. The law as written
doesn't have a "but Linux users are fine because they got screwed by the
standards" clause in it.

You might succeed with that argument, but it's probably wise not to be
having to offer it in the first place.

--
David Zanetti <dave2 at wetstring.net>
http://hairy.geek.nz/