[mythtvnz] Problems after VDPAU downgrade to 180 drivers

Mark Kendall markk at kc.net.nz
Mon Jun 22 20:32:04 BST 2009

I have a similar problem except it was a new install on a new machine
with the 185 drivers (which were then downed to 180), initially I
thought it was the TV card setup at fault but after reading someone
else's post I setup several recordings and watched them using VLC.
Interesting I can often watch TV2 without a problem in mythtv.  The
choice of having VDPAU selected or not in mythtv playback options
doesn't seem to make any difference.  Has anyone who's experienced this
gone back to 185 and had it cleared up?  Is it a simple matter of adding
testing to Jean-Yves's repository and redoing the upgrade steps?

Also, does anyone reading know if it's possible to set anything that
will slow down the video card fan speed of a nvidia 9600GT (Geforce card
I think from memory) as it's pretty noisy?

Regards
Mark