[mythtvnz] DVB-S PCI card availability

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Mon Jun 8 07:46:33 BST 2009

On 2/03/2009, at 9:24 AM, David Lowe wrote:

> Just to pick up on the original post.. why are DVB-S cards becoming
> hard to get? Is it because of the shift to DVB-T & HD? I was going
> to build a second system for a family member - no Sky, no HD
> available, just Freeview (which IMHO is becoming quite good with
> lost of interesting things on the new channels).
>
> So all I need is a couple of SkyStars or Technotrend thingees. Are
> any second-hand ones on the list available?
>
> -

Going to wake this tread up again as I'm also looking for some cards.

Options at the moment for pure DVB-S appear to be

Hauppauge Nova S Plus
Technotrend S-1401

For hybrid I could look at the HVR 3000 or HVR 4000 units.

Any other options around as a lot of the cards on trademe appear to be
quite generic.

Shame we can't get some of the older SkyStar cards as they were
excellent.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited