[mythtvnz] Recording Teletext subtitles..

Simon Green simon at simongreen.name
Wed Jul 8 02:58:05 BST 2009

2009/7/8 Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org>

> Use Teletext Toggle option on the playback menu to toggle the display
> on/off, bound to the 'T' key by default.
>
> Use Teletext Menu to select the page number that actually gets displayed.
> Not bound to any key so use Edit Keys in the frontend setup menu to assign
> something. In fact there are loads of teletext keys that can be assigned,
> up/down/next/prev - all sorts of stuff!!
>
> All DVB-S recording will already have the VBI data in them, don't know
> about PVR150 or DVB-T recordings.
>
> I think it needs a bit of coding to set the default start page to
> something other than 100 - if there is some setting, I haven't found it
> yet...

For DVB-T and DVB-S streams, you should be able to press the # key to toggle
captioning. Or alternatively bring up the menu (with 'M') and then 'Toggle
CC' (or wording to that effect). This will save you from having to set the
page number manually.

I would think that the PVR-150 (and other analog tuners) would not record
Teletext since they convert the analogue picture into MPEG-2 which
introduces compression from the original source.

  -- simon