[mythtvnz] Recording Teletext subtitles..

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Jul 8 02:36:44 BST 2009

> On 7/07/2009, at 11:30 PM, Stuart Whelan wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Is there anyway to record teletext subtitles (801) when recording
>> with mythtv?
>>
>> Using with DVB-S or DVB-T.
>>

> Normally MythTV will just record them as part of the data stream.

The secret is in the playback...

It is so obscure that I wonder than anyone finds out how to do it...

In mythtv-set->General second or third page (can't remember) set VBI
format to PAL Teletext. Without this the frontend won't display the
teletext options in the menu!! Doh - intuitive or what!!

Use Teletext Toggle option on the playback menu to toggle the display
on/off, bound to the 'T' key by default.

Use Teletext Menu to select the page number that actually gets displayed.
Not bound to any key so use Edit Keys in the frontend setup menu to assign
something. In fact there are loads of teletext keys that can be assigned,
up/down/next/prev - all sorts of stuff!!

All DVB-S recording will already have the VBI data in them, don't know
about PVR150 or DVB-T recordings.

I think it needs a bit of coding to set the default start page to
something other than 100 - if there is some setting, I haven't found it
yet...

--
Robin Gilks