[mythtvnz] Recording Teletext subtitles..

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Jul 8 03:21:24 BST 2009

> For DVB-T and DVB-S streams, you should be able to press the # key to
> toggle
> captioning. Or alternatively bring up the menu (with 'M') and then 'Toggle
> CC' (or wording to that effect). This will save you from having to set the
> page number manually.

Therein lies the problem - the menu items in the *frontend* are not even
displayed unless the VBI format in the *backend* setup is set to PAL
teletext. BTW: the '#' key on my box is bound to something totally
different (delete I think!!) but the code has 'T' as the default teletext
toggle which can be changed of course.

The actual captioning page number varies from system to system, country to
country - 801 here, 888 in the UK being the ones I'm aware of, which is
why I think having a setup option for an initial page would be good - it
saves on keypresses!!

--
Robin Gilks