[mythtvnz] Radio Channels - replace the blank screen?

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sat Jul 4 05:45:23 BST 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-04 at 16:31 +1200, Steve Hodge wrote:
> Personally I think Myth's organisation of everything by source (tv,
> video, music) is not the best. I'd love to see a frontend that
> organised everything by content type: series (whether they were
> recorded or ripped of dvd or whatever), movies (and other one-off
> programs), music (audio and video together), non-music audio, etc.
> That way you could easily intersperse music videos and mps in a
> playlist, for example.

If you have the time take a look at Moovida (previously Elisa). It's
been coming along nicely as a media centre and is heading more in the
direction you describe. I been quite impressed with it.

Obviously it's not a replacement for MythTV as there's no TV
functionality amongst various other things but it is quite neat.

It's mostly Python and open source so easy to hack on but unfortunately
requires copyright assignment which kind of put me off contributing a
little.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier