[mythtvnz] Multi-threaded Mplayer

Simon Cantem scantem at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 22:40:37 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:09 AM, feadog <feadog at orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> Thanks for that. I have a problem with the Asus U3100 My Cinema where
> occasionally it misfires and locks up the USB bus, and you have to reboot
> restore. But this could be a software/firmware problem. Its a bit of a
> nuisance, since other devices such as bluetooth are also internally
> connected
> to the same bus and this can cause shutdown problems.
>
> Have you seen the same problem? on your installation?

No I've had zero problems with lockups, I use the u3100 as my highest
priority tuner and between my girlfriend and myself we record/watch about
2-3 hours of TV a day with it. Recording with the Asus and watching the
AverMedia also works fine. I'm using an Acer L460 to do the recording that
has an Intel G31 chipset running the 2.6.27-11 kernel.

I do get the occasional mythfrontend crash  - a really weird one is it won't
schedule a recording of the Sarah Silverman program, the frontend bombs out
but the backend stays up. If I do it through Mythweb it works fine, maybe
the GUI developers don't like that sort of humour!