[mythtvnz] M3N78-VM

millst at np.co.nz millst at np.co.nz
Mon Jan 26 01:40:41 GMT 2009

I have just bought a new 50" HD panasonic panel.
My present front end is an old AGP based shuttle PC with Svideo driving an
old CRT.

Rather than buy a DVI card I figure its about time for a frontend upgrade
as its about 5 years old.
I'm thinking i'd like VDPAU support so I am somewhat HD future proofed
(although I currently can't get freeview HD where I am).

I really like the look of the M3N78-VM, but it seems to have caused a few
problems for some people.

All my frontends network booth through mythbuntu and it seems the current
version of mythbuntu does not have the right alsa drivers to make the audio
work with this MB and that there are some questions on getting HDMI working
properly as well.

Has anyone got this board working through mythbuntu (particularly
interested in whether you got PXE working).

I really don't have the same amount of time I used to have to muck around
so can anyone recommend another M-ATX board that plays nice with Mythbuntu,
supports VDPAU and preferably has an integrated HDMI output on it.

Cheers
Toby