[mythtvnz] COM: Front-end machines

Criggie criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 15 22:43:36 GMT 2009

If anyone's looking for a used frontend machine I have found these
available ex-lease.

Small Form Factor box - HP DC7100
Pentium 4, 3.0GHz
512MB DDR RAM,
40GB SATA Hard drive
PCI-express Slot (Half Height only)
DVD reader / CD Writer drive

They have an XP PRO COA sticker on the case.

Pros
1)   PCI E video card slot - you could add an 8400GS Silent 512MB for
about $100++, or a HDMI capable EN9600GT Black Pearl HDMI 512MB PCIE (not
silent) for around $220++
2)   Small case, they're also quite quiet.

Cons
1)   Custom case - if the PSU dies its damn hard to find a replacement.

Some links:
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/labs/69357/hp-compaq-dc7100s.html
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11948_na/11948_na.HTML

If I get interest for four or more I'll do an order.  The price is $250
+GST +share of the freight.   Replies off list please, and the deadline
for replies will be Thursday 19th.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/