[mythtvnz] About time for some VDPAU testing

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 01:46:23 GMT 2009

Hi

2009/2/14 Justin Hyde <ivstinivs at gmail.com>:
> I have tried this and still can't quite get it working as I feel it
> should, i.e. processor doesn't max out

But the processor will barely be in use when using VDPAU .. that's the
whole point

> I started with Paul Kendall's mythtv, and everything except TV3 worked
> fine (one (of 3) processors maxing out on TV3 causing regular micro-pauses).

Yes, unfortunately ffmpeg's h264 can't use more than one processor..

> Switching to Jean-Yves Avenard's mythtv, updating to latest Nvidia
> drivers, and updating mplayer has made the overall quality go down, i.e
> channels other than TV3 are now not picture perfect, TV3 exhibits same
> micro-pauses.

Did you activate VDPAU (need to create a video profile) ?
There should be no difference between the version you tried earlier
and mine unless you are using VDPAU

Jena-Yves