[mythtvnz] About time for some VDPAU testing

Justin Hyde ivstinivs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 01:12:00 GMT 2009

> > Hi
> >
> > 2009/2/12 Douglas Pearless <Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz>:
> >> I simply added to /etc/apt/sources.list: deb
> >> http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos release/ and used
> synaptic I guess
> >> I will need to download the version you mention and try it! Cheers
> Douglas.
> >
> > I have just updated in the testing repository the latest version of
> > the vdpau patches and compiled in debug mode with debugging symbols.
> >
> > So no need to downgrade, just add:
> > deb http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos testing/

I have tried this and still can't quite get it working as I feel it
should, i.e. processor doesn't max out

I started with Paul Kendall's mythtv, and everything except TV3 worked
fine (one (of 3) processors maxing out on TV3 causing regular micro-pauses).

Switching to Jean-Yves Avenard's mythtv, updating to latest Nvidia
drivers, and updating mplayer has made the overall quality go down, i.e
channels other than TV3 are now not picture perfect, TV3 exhibits same
micro-pauses.

I have a NOVA-T 500, Nvidia 8600 (which used to show up in the System
tab of System Monitor), and an AMD Phenom triple core processor with 2
GB RAM.

Not quite sure how to proceed from here, and/or what other info anyone
needs to help diagnose.  I am thinking of completely un-installing
everything to do with mythtv, mplayer, nvidia and reinstall....?  Wait
for 0.22?

Any ideas much appreciated.  Cheers.