[mythtvnz] Chch setup help please?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 23:56:19 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Ross and Jemima Knudsen <
ross.jemima at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only methods I have come up with so far for a virtual backend are to
> use a network tuner (ie HDHomerun) or use mumudvb on the host machine
> and multicast/unicast content back to the virtual host and use a network
> tuner in Myth.

A search of the main mailing list reveals that people have got PCI tuners to
work in VMs using Xen. E.g.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/303253?search_string=xen;#303253
.

> I don't think there is any way to do a virtual frontend as the virtual
> drivers can't access the advanced graphics functions of the host.

If your host is sufficiently powerful CPU-wise you shouldn't need any
advanced graphics functions. Again, the main mailing list has reports of
success:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/38783?search_string=vm%20frontend;#38783
.

Cheers,