[mythtvnz] LATM in trunk!

Barry Clearwater barryc at bcsystems.co.nz
Tue Aug 25 08:17:12 BST 2009

Last time I tried to install a mythbuntu mythtv when adding Pauls
repositories, I couldn't get access to the url, whereas JYA's repositories
did work. I know we are talking about a trunk install rather than packages,
so is Pauls setup going to become available at some stage to those other
than bleeding edge testers?
Cheers
Barry

2009/8/25 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>

> 2009/8/25 Dean Pemberton <dean at deanpemberton.com>:
> > Just to catch the rest of us up.
> >
> > What are the outstanding bits of the puzzle stopping this new release
> > 'just working' for FreeviewHD?
>
> Since the ffmpeg upgrade, something got broken with VDPAU and some of
> your H264 channel (the 720p ones) play at twice the speed...
>
> I have no clue why ...
>
> So if you move to trunk now, while stable, if you need VDPAU it may be an
> issue.
>
> I've created packages for those (updated daily) and wrote a short note
> on how to upgrade ; it's not that easy yet.
>
> http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Entries/2009/8/24_Trunk___MythTV.html
>
> If using the adjust capabilities (that I commited yesterday), you may
> have an issue when playback starts that mythtv shows garbage. It's
> being worked on (it's a Qt4 issue)

Barry Clearwater
Managing director
BC Systems Consultancy Limited