[mythtvnz] Reinstall problems

Andrew Richards amphibem at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 19:58:56 BST 2008

Hi,

I also have the Nova T 500, I am pretty sure you don't need a software
source to scan for channels. However you do need to turn the low noise
amplifier on:

Open

/etc/modprobe.d/options

Add at the bottom

options dvb-usb-dib0700 force_lna_activation=1

A scan should then find the channels.

There is then a software source you need to add, Paul Kendall's PPA. If
you didn't know this adds support for the AAC codec and significantly
improves the ffmpeg playback of the MPEG 4 codec.

Go into

/etc/apt/sources

Add

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/paul-kcbbs/ubuntu hardy main

And run update etc to get the updates the myth. You should then be good
to go.

Cheers,

Andrew