[mythtvnz] H264 Performance - Patch to enable skip loop filtering and use 2 threads.

Graeme Woollett graeme.joy at paradise.net.nz
Sun Sep 14 03:40:17 BST 2008

The loop filter patch wasn't the silver bullet for me, I have a 5600+ X2.
Patching the source to use CoreAVC (dshowserver) made the biggest
difference for me.  No stuttering (play-stop-play), but large screen
movement is still not fluid, no cigar.  More more of the work needs to
be done by the GPU.

Its a shame that there isn't a wrapper available that uses the Windows
Nvidia GPU driver under linux, sort of like the way they do it with
wireless chipsets.