[mythtvnz] H264 Performance - Patch to enable skip loop filtering and use 2 threads.

Andrew Richards amphibem at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 00:51:05 BST 2008

Hey all,

I am bringing this topic back up as I have been working to apply the
skiploopfilter patch, and after having gone through the process I still have
skipping on TV3. So I would like to knwo if I have made the correct changes
to the code, and how I can check that my new build has skiploopfilter
applied.

The details of what I have done are at
TechReport<http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=61663>and
my
blog <http://www.geekzone.co.nz/amphibem>, here is a simplied version:

1) Got the source of '0.21.0+fixes18254+ffmpeg15219+latm-0pk1' and changed
/libs/mythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp around line 1588 to

if (CODEC_ID_H264 == enc->codec_id)
{
VERBOSE(VB_PLAYBACK, LOC + "Turning off loop
filter");
enc->skip_loop_filter = AVDISCARD_ALL;
}

I now notice one of the other threads Steve Ellis had something similar, but
with some added code

VERBOSE(VB_PLAYBACK, LOC + "Enabling Fast decode
mode");
enc->flags |= CODEC_FLAG2_FAST;

I will add then when I do this again.

2) After that went through and did all the rebuilding then re-installing
stuff. Got message about version numbers and not being the maintainer but as
far as I can tell it all worked. However TV3 has not improved. So can I
check somewhere that the change in the code was affected? Or actually check
the skiploopfilter is enabled?

Regards,

Andrew