[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu 8.04.1 - PVR-150 and NOVA S +

Andrew Richards amphibem at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 06:34:11 BST 2008

Tortise,

You have asked a lot of questions!

Regarding the Nova S; with my Nova T 500 I do :

dmesg | grep -i dvb

at the command prompt to see if the card is detected by the system. You
could also do:

lspci

If that doesn't bring it up then the card is not detected. Do a complete
shut down, startup, or maybe even double check it is plugged in properly.

Regarding general Myth setup; for Prime data you can either download it
from Sky's EPG feed using epgsnoop (have a google, I don't use it
personally) or use this setup to
<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/290834> simply
download the listings. For one channel I would say the second option is
the easiest.

I personally use Mythbuntu and like it. Others use other distro's like
KnoppMyth, I am un-aware of the advantages/disantages of different distro's.

I doubt, without significant improvements in the code, your Intel will
run DVB-T. My 5200 X2 cannot do TV3. I don't think the 7000 series cards
have H.264 acceleration (only MPEG2), 8000 onwards have the MPEG4
support. And  I imagine this is a long way off in terms of Linux support.

Hope that helps out a bit, others should be able to help out especially
with the Nova S.

Regards,

Andrew