[mythtvnz] Hauppauge NOVA-T-500 and Hauppauge NOVA-T-500 HD

Graeme Woollett graeme.joy at paradise.net.nz
Mon Sep 8 09:48:00 BST 2008

Tortise wrote:
> Re The card is recognised by recent kernels out of the box and after
> some initial mythtv config issues it works great.
>
> When you say it "works great", I hope you do not mind if I ask what do
> you mean by that?
> Are you displaying HD TV3 fine with it?
> At what resolutions?
> What channels can you get and display correctly with the card?
> Thank you for all the other responses also.
>
> Kind regards
> David
Lots of noise about Myth & HD lately on the list, mostly caused by me
(sorry guys).  I use it at 1920x1080 (HDMI/DVI) with CoreAVC.
TV3 still has some issues, some CPU related in my case, and some with
TV3 deinterlacing looking a bit seedy.  The other SD interlaced channels
look OK.
TV1&2 are pretty good.  If you want to try, bring a fast (preferably
Intel) CPU.  You will also most likely have to build it from source if
you want to use CoreAVC.  If you want MythTV to be rock solid, DVB-T
isn't for you just yet.  Having said that I've had few problems with my
lastest build