[mythtvnz] Mythkiwi.com - MythTV Wiki based site

Hayden Lovett hayden.lovett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 02:43:37 GMT 2008

I have launched a new MythTV information based site at www.mythkiwi.com
The site has a wiki, forum and a community weblink posting so hopefully it
can all be easily filled with relative NZ based MythTV content.  I have
added guides to do some taskes like "Controlling a Sky decoder with MythTV"
and "Adding Freeview Satellite to MythTV".  These are wikis so if any
information is incorrect or is missing feel free to dive on in and alter it.

I am also creating a couple of software packages for use in NZ, one of them
is the Mythkiwi Control Panel.  This is much like the Mythbuntu control
Panel but designed specificly for NZ use.  It can configure your Freeview or
analogue channles with the click of a button and in the future it will be
able to add blaster options for a sky decoder, XML downloading and input
card setup.  I'm writing this in Python but it taking a while as I am not a
programmer and I'm learing as I go.  More details and screenshots are on the
wiki.

This is all aimed at making MythTV more accessable/usable to the non Linux
minded person in NZ.  There are still way too many people buying Windows
lisences and installing crappy windows software that costs big dollars just
because they don't know that they have a choice to use free well designed
open source software.

Any suggestions/Problems contact me on the forum or here on the list.
-Hayden Lovett