[mythtvnz] Mythkiwi.com - MythTV Wiki based site

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Tue Oct 28 22:35:31 GMT 2008

On 28/10/2008, at 3:43 PM, Hayden Lovett wrote:

> I have launched a new MythTV information based site at
> www.mythkiwi.com
> The site has a wiki, forum and a community weblink posting so
> hopefully it can all be easily filled with relative NZ based MythTV
> content.  I have added guides to do some taskes like "Controlling a
> Sky decoder with MythTV" and "Adding Freeview Satellite to MythTV".
> These are wikis so if any information is incorrect or is missing
> feel free to dive on in and alter it.
>
> I am also creating a couple of software packages for use in NZ, one
> of them is the Mythkiwi Control Panel.  This is much like the
> Mythbuntu control Panel but designed specificly for NZ use.  It can
> configure your Freeview or analogue channles with the click of a
> button and in the future it will be able to add blaster options for
> a sky decoder, XML downloading and input card setup.  I'm writing
> this in Python but it taking a while as I am not a programmer and
> I'm learing as I go.  More details and screenshots are on the wiki.
>
> This is all aimed at making MythTV more accessable/usable to the non
> Linux minded person in NZ.  There are still way too many people
> buying Windows lisences and installing crappy windows software that
> costs big dollars just because they don't know that they have a
> choice to use free well designed open source software.
>
> Any suggestions/Problems contact me on the forum or here on the list.

Hi Hayden

Some nice work there. I've been wanting to put a Wiki up myself at
wiki.mythtv.co.nz for some time, but it never quite happens.

I'd watch what you are doing with the TV channel logs. They are
copyrighted and you need to make sure you have permission before
hosting them on sites other than freeviewnz.tv.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz