[mythtvnz] Quality & Damage Question

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 01:39:11 BST 2008

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Steven Mulvay <
steven.mulvay at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> I think my picture problem is to do with deinterlacing. I have an ATI
> graphics card, which I understand is not good for hardware
> deinterlacing. I'm thinking of replacing it with an Nvidia, what is the
> best Nvidia card for hardware deinterlacing?

Deinterlacing in Myth is done by the CPU. Changing the video card won't make
any difference. Just try the various deinterlacing methods and see which one
looks best to you.

It's a different story if you're trying to output an interlaced signal. In
that case the card may make a difference, but frankly it's so hard to get it
to output a correctly synchronised interlaced signal that even with an
interlaced display it'll probably be easier to deinterlace anyway. Certainly
I never had any luck getting a good looking interlaced signal working.

Cheers,