[mythtvnz] Freeview EPG Best Practice?

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Tue May 27 23:25:11 BST 2008

On Wednesday 28 May 2008 09:14:40 David Lowe wrote:
> Since Hadley first wrote this for me, I feel a sense of ownership :-) I can
> confirm it works.

Great :)

> The only thing I'd add to the how-to is some text to deal with the set-up
> of channel numbers and (for those with external sky boxes) entering the
> channel-change number. The best way I have found to do this is through
> mythweb. I'm sure there are more clever ways using scripts, but for me this
> is easy and effective.

Here's a script I just knocked up for the Sky numbering, it doesn't include
Freeview as I don't know what people do there (I use 1006, 1007, etc)

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/54843/

Make sure that you know what it's going to do if you use it, it will access
your mythtv database and update channel numbers.

If anyone want to extend the channels it covers by all means do so. I can host
it somewhere more permanently if wanted.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware. Linux laptops.