[mythtvnz] Freeview EPG Best Practice?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue May 27 23:44:31 BST 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Hadley Rich <hads at nice.net.nz> wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 May 2008 09:14:40 David Lowe wrote:
>> Since Hadley first wrote this for me, I feel a sense of ownership :-) I can
>> confirm it works.
>
> Great :)
>
>> The only thing I'd add to the how-to is some text to deal with the set-up
>> of channel numbers and (for those with external sky boxes) entering the
>> channel-change number. The best way I have found to do this is through
>> mythweb. I'm sure there are more clever ways using scripts, but for me this
>> is easy and effective.
>
> Here's a script I just knocked up for the Sky numbering, it doesn't include
> Freeview as I don't know what people do there (I use 1006, 1007, etc)
>
> http://paste.pocoo.org/show/54843/
>
> Make sure that you know what it's going to do if you use it, it will access
> your mythtv database and update channel numbers.
>
> If anyone want to extend the channels it covers by all means do so. I can host
> it somewhere more permanently if wanted.
>
> hads

I'll confirm that your mini howto for xmltv seems to have worked, I'll
check what has been added to the database tonight. Adding the xmltv
package certainly made a difference to what is available in the video
sources screen of mythtv-setup!

I usually allocate channel numbers via mythweb, and as I only use
Freeview there are only a few (16 I think). Whats more I use the same
channel numbers as a freeview box would use, per

http://freeviewnz.tv/index.php?section_id=5

Thanks for the help.