[mythtvnz] Freeview EPG Best Practice?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue May 27 03:16:33 BST 2008

Thanks Hadley. more silly questions below.

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Hadley Rich <hads at nice.net.nz> wrote:
> On Sun, 25 May 2008 23:59:36 Nick Rout wrote:
>> I have just re-set up my system with mythbuntu 8.04 and want to set up
>> my EPG for best use. Previously (0.20) I had a cron job downloading
>> from http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg and running mythfilldatabase via cron
>> job.
>>
>> Now I get the feeling there is a newer method of integrating external
>> xml feeds? Is this so and if so how do i do it? (I have to say that
>> all the docs seem to assume a north american userbase who pay $ to
>> schedules direct).
>
> If you install tv_grab_nz-py (http://nice.net.nz/tv_grab_nz-py) then you will
> be able to configure everything through mythtv-setup they way it's supposed
> to be done.

Can you step me through that please? I can't see anywhere in
mythtv-setup to put it in what program to use for the download. In the
video sources screen there is something about the grabber but it seems
to be restricted to schedules direct ot eit?

I guess I need to know how to install (just put it in $PATH? and chmod
+x ?) and then integration with mythtv-setup.

Thanks, Nick.