[mythtvnz] 0.21 and MultiRec stability

Greg Brackley lists-mythtv-nz at lucidsolutions.co.nz
Fri Mar 28 05:00:08 GMT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Hodge

> The only relevance of channel number is that is the number you type to
> bring up the channel in Live TV. It doesn't affect scheduling at all. If
> you want to exclude the DVB-T channels from scheduling then you
> need to give them a different call sign and/or make sure there is no
> guide data for those channels.
>
> Alternatively you could give those tuners a very low priority.

So this is changing the input connection 'Input priority' (on the second
page of the setup wizard). I've elevated the two DVB-S cards to '10'.

What do the input groups do? ('input group 1' and 'input group 2'). Each
card seems to have magically been assigned an input group. In the context of
multi-rec, is this mechanism by which the virtual-tuners are bonded
together?  I have found very little documentation on this, just [1].

Greg.

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html