[mythtvnz] 0.21 and MultiRec stability

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 09:17:55 GMT 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Greg Brackley <
lists-mythtv-nz at lucidsolutions.co.nz> wrote:

> [...]

Yes, that should sort it out.

What do the input groups do? ('input group 1' and 'input group 2'). Each
> card seems to have magically been assigned an input group. In the context
> of
> multi-rec, is this mechanism by which the virtual-tuners are bonded
> together?  I have found very little documentation on this, just [1].

The documentation is a little sparse, unfortunately. Often the (main MythTV
users) mailing list archive is a better source.

I believe the input groups stuff is designed to handle situations where
external constraints restrict your recording capabilities. For example, when
Freeview was using horizontal polarity transponders it was not possible to
simultaneously tune a Freeview channel with a DVB card and a Sky box. You
could have put the DVB card input and the Sky capture card input in the same
input group to prevent both being used at the same time. I doubt you have
the sort of setup that requires input groups - and I expect you'd know it if
you did!

Cheers,