[mythtvnz] 0.21 and MultiRec stability

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Thu Mar 27 21:34:28 GMT 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008 07:35:59 Steven Ellis wrote:
> Now that a couple of people on list are using this I'm wondering what
> builds they are running and how stable it is.
>
> I'm trialling two builds, Debian Multimedia and Mythbuntu 8.04 Beta. I've
> got a single SkyStar 2 card mapped as 4 virtual tuners.
>
> For my test I set up 3 recordings off the tvnz multiplex (12483) and then
> channel surf. Usually within a couple of channel changes I either get a
> tuning error and Live TV exits, or the frontend crashes.
>
> Now both of these builds are off 0.21 and don't appear to have any updates
> out of 0.21-fixes applies at this stage.

I'm running trunk r16776 built on Ubuntu Gutsy. Two Technisat S-1401 cards
with three virtual tuners each.

Haven't seen any tuning problems or crashes, it's been stable for us since
shortly after multirec was merged.

There is an issue if there's a recording in progress and you're using the
avoid conflicts between livetv and recordings option. You can get stuck on
one multiplex and not be able to watch livetv from the other. We don't use
livetv all that much so it's not too much of an issue.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware. Linux laptops.