[mythtvnz] 0.21 and MultiRec stability

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 21:20:22 GMT 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 7:35 AM, Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz>
wrote:

> Now that a couple of people on list are using this I'm wondering what
> builds they are running and how stable it is.

I'm using the Gentoo package 0.21_p16483.

> I'm trialling two builds, Debian Multimedia and Mythbuntu 8.04 Beta. I've
> got a single SkyStar 2 card mapped as 4 virtual tuners.

I've got one card setup as 3 virtual tuners.

> For my test I set up 3 recordings off the tvnz multiplex (12483) and then
> channel surf. Usually within a couple of channel changes I either get a
> tuning error and Live TV exits, or the frontend crashes.

The case the comes up most commonly for me is recording two shows back to
back with overlap. I haven't noticed any problems with that. I just tried a
similar torture test: 2 recordings plus Live TV and didn't have any crashes
or exits.

Cheers,