[mythtvnz] tuner allocation issue

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 04:00:34 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Criggie <criggie at criggie.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Wade Maxfield wrote:
> > Mark van Dijk wrote:
> >> Note 2:  all recordings start/and end 10 mins early/late
>
> > The setting you changed is a soft pre/post roll. It's suppposed to
> > behave like that. It was designed for situations where you need the
> > recording to start a little early because of some external timing issues
> > (like waiting for a set top box to change channels, or warm up, etc)
> > This topic is well covered on the main MythTV users list (you can search
> > the archives at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/ )
>
> > If you want it to use different tuners, then you need to set the end
> > late time on each individual recording.
>
> You're thinking of different settings I believe.  Not at home to check,
> but you do NOT have to set each recording to start early and finish late.
> There's another setting (somewhere) that sets a "start recording early" if
> available, which works in the way you want it to.
>
> The settings on the "General (Advanced)" page in setup don't cause
reschedules: the extra time is dropped if would cause a conflict - even if
there is a spare tuner available. This is not what Mark wants, but appears
to be what he is using. If you add time to each recording rule then that
time is always recorded - shows will be marked as conflicting if the extra
time causes a conflict and one of the shows won't record. I think that's
closer to what Mark wants.

Cheers,