[mythtvnz] tuner allocation issue

Mark van Dijk mark.van.dijk at ihug.co.nz
Wed Mar 26 20:04:18 GMT 2008

All sorted now thanks guys.  Thanks for all your help!

As you all pointed out, I was using the soft pre/post roll settings in
the GENERAL configuration section, whereas I should have been using the
hard pre/post ones set per program.  Everything now works as expected.

I found a useful tip on the web (though i'm sure its obvious to you
guys) - after tweaking my settings, view the 'Upcoming Recordings' page
to see how MythTV has decided to schedule the programs.  I've never paid
any attention to this page before, but it was quite instructive to see
the effects of various settings on the scheduling.

Incidentally - the WAF for me is currently through the roof!  Initially
she was adamant that this PVR thing was a colossal waste of time and
money, but now she's showing off the system to friends and is demanding
that we get a bigger hard drive and and quieter case!

:-)

--
Mark van Dijk