[mythtvnz] dead TechniSat II card

Noel & Di noel at igrin.co.nz
Sun Mar 23 21:48:18 GMT 2008

For the last couple of days we've been smelling a funny burning sort of
smell that we were unable to trace...
About the same time our MythTV stopped using one of the two cards - and
the WAF was rapidly reduced.
Thank goodness Coro didn't get missed or we may have been in the news!
On investigating I found one card with a charcoaled capacitor on it :o(

Anyway this is the excuse I needed to look at doing a clean install of
the new 0.21... and maybe making a disk-less front end too.  Decision -
Knoppmyth, MythBuntu and LinuxMCE are the only versions of myth I've
played with - what else are people using? and any suggestions for
sourcing components for a disk-less front end?
 I will be using SD from DVB-S, as we are miiiiles away from any DVB-T.

Cheers
Noel Claydon