[mythtvnz] dead TechniSat II card

Simon Green simon at simongreen.net
Sun Mar 23 21:54:11 GMT 2008

On 24/03/2008, Noel & Di <noel at igrin.co.nz> wrote:
>  Anyway this is the excuse I needed to look at doing a clean install of
>  the new 0.21... and maybe making a disk-less front end too.  Decision -
>  Knoppmyth, MythBuntu and LinuxMCE are the only versions of myth I've
>  played with - what else are people using? and any suggestions for
>  sourcing components for a disk-less front end?

I'd go with Mythbuntu myself for two reasons: 1) I've been using
Debian and Ubuntu as my desktop since 2000, so I know my around a
Ubuntu system and 2) Ubuuntu's kernel has default support for a lot of
things that other kernels don't (ivitv drivers for example)

And as an added bonus, Hardy (in beta, full release next month)
already has 0.21 (as does gutsy's backport repo). Installation of
Mythbuntu could not be easier too.

YMMV.

  -- simon