[mythtvnz] 0.21 upgrade has me losing recordings!

Jason Haar jhaar-ourshack-com at whanau.org
Sat Mar 22 09:55:54 GMT 2008

Duncan Kennington wrote:
> I agree, it definitely sounds like Myth is losing its connection to
> MySQL.  See if there are any errors for mysql in /var/log.  If you
> haven't done it recently it might pay to analyze/optimize all the
> tables.  And of course take a backup of the database!! :-)

Well I did back it up before upgrading, but of course - that was two
days ago now... There really isn't a way to back out of all this without
losing something now.

As far as mysql goes - CentOS5 is mysql-5.0.22-2.2.el5_1.1 - the MythTV
homepage says 5.0 - so it should be OK.

Good idea about the optimize/repair. However I ran them over all the
tables and they all came out clean.

I'll run mythbackend with "-v socket,database,schedule" until I see the
error again - that might show up the fault

Thanks!

Jason