[mythtvnz] epgsnoop release

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Mar 11 20:54:45 GMT 2008

> Hi all,
>
> I promised a while back that I would make a release of the new version of
> epgsnoop. I've spent some time doing that this evening.
>
> I put in a couple of minor fixes for XMLTV compliance that appeared as it
> looks like there were some entries being let through with an empty title.
>
> The details can be found at;
>
> http://nice.net.nz/epgsnoop
>
> It's in a tarball linked off that site and also in the python cheeseshop
> so
> can be installed with `easy_install epgsnoop`
>
> There's still not much in the way of docs, I must fix that one day.

I've updated to this from version 0.15 (I guess you renumbered your
versions since its only 5-6 weeks older than most of the files in this
release) and I now get loads of warnings generated when processing sky
listings (freeview appears to be OK).

Knowing less than nothing about perl I haven't a clue what the problem is
(the message is less than helpful!!)

/tmp/listings-sky-6425.xml: empty string for with-lang value at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/XMLTV.pm line 1706.
/tmp/listings-sky-6425.xml: skipping bad category
/tmp/listings-sky-6425.xml: empty string for with-lang value at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/XMLTV.pm line 1706.
/tmp/listings-sky-6425.xml: skipping bad category
/tmp/listings-sky-6425.xml: empty string for with-lang value at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/XMLTV.pm line 1706.

BTW: Do you have icons for Vibe and Parliament TV? If so, what are they
called?

--
Robin Gilks