[mythtvnz] epgsnoop release

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Tue Mar 11 21:29:48 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 12 March 2008 09:54:45 Robin Gilks wrote:
> I've updated to this from version 0.15 (I guess you renumbered your
> versions since its only 5-6 weeks older than most of the files in this
> release)

Yeah, since this is the first actual release since the re-write I renumbered.

> and I now get loads of warnings generated when processing sky
> listings (freeview appears to be OK).
>
> Knowing less than nothing about perl I haven't a clue what the problem is
> (the message is less than helpful!!)

Not knowing what Perl program you are using doesn't help :) I know nothing
about the XMLTV utilities themselves.

> /tmp/listings-sky-6425.xml: empty string for with-lang value at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/XMLTV.pm line 1706.
> /tmp/listings-sky-6425.xml: skipping bad category
> /tmp/listings-sky-6425.xml: empty string for with-lang value at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/XMLTV.pm line 1706.
> /tmp/listings-sky-6425.xml: skipping bad category
> /tmp/listings-sky-6425.xml: empty string for with-lang value at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/XMLTV.pm line 1706.

Looks like a bug I thought I fixed. There appears to be some programs
transmitted without a title in the DVB EPG. I thought I caught all of them
but maybe not.

I'm not seeing that issue here at the moment, what the issue is is empty XML
tags which have a lang attribute set. I'll see if I can track down the issue.

> BTW: Do you have icons for Vibe and Parliament TV? If so, what are they
> called?

Looks like there's one for Vibe (vibe.jpg) but not one for Parliament at this
stage. Happy to put one up if someone finds one.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware