[mythtvnz] Hi to the list, Here is my Mythtv Setup ..

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 08:51:05 BST 2008

>Welcome to this list Bernard.

Thanks.

>I'm sure there are a lot more mythtv users in NZ that don't know about the
list either. Although I'm sure you will agree its a much more stable system
than what it was when you first started. What version did > >you start with
0.16 or earlier? Those were fairly crash happy days. Myth is so much more
stable now.

Hi Toby, yes I started with 0.16 or maybe even the later end of 0.15 if I
remember correctly. Mythtv is much better now. However, I have been using
Mythtv as my only TV(s) for the last 3.5 yrs, and my Wife and
I are still talking ;-) so the early days were not too bad .... the kids
love being able to use the computer to watch TV and even schedule their own
recordings these days. We built our own house, so I made sure we had
Ethernet to every room ..

Cheers,
B M