[mythtvnz] Hi to the list, Here is my Mythtv Setup ..

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Mon Jun 16 09:44:54 BST 2008

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:32:29 Criggie wrote:
> Yep - At work we settled on JFS for partitions over 500 GB that very
> reason... long fsck/journel playbacks are inconvenient.

I use JFS too for any data partitions. XFS seems popular amongst the myth
community too.

> Is a RAID necessary?  Its only TV after all.  I use nuvexport to save
> things I want to keep, and put them on another server.

I agree, I don't really care enough about recordings to use RAID on the myth
backend. Anything that is important is on a RAID in the main server.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware