[mythtvnz] LCD TV recommendations (VGA input)

Roger Henderson unicorn at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jun 5 08:03:38 BST 2008

> I've just been caught by the specification trap - the Toshiba 37A3500 has
> a 1368x768 display and supports 720p and 1080i. What the spec doesn't say
> is that you can't get these through the PC (VGA) port which only supports
> 5:4 modes of VGA, SVGA and XGA resolutions. HDMI is NOT an option at the
> moment - the existing frontend has work for a while longer!!

I've got a 32" Toshiba 1366x768 panel working at home. Can't remember the
model off the top of my head, but its a couple of years old.

Its connected via VGA and I think (been a while) I got it running at panel
res. Will check if you like and send you the modelines if you are
interested.

Cheers,
Roger