[mythtvnz] LCD TV recommendations (VGA input)

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Jun 5 07:41:37 BST 2008

> I've got the Sony KLV-40V300A and I'm very happy with it.
>
> Both the VGA and the HDMI ports work at 1360x768.
>
> The only caveat I've found is that the TV seems to know when it's
> connected to a PC (as opposed to a DVD player for example) and the menu
> options change. The main differences I've found are that the zoom type
> functions on longer work and some of the picture processing options are
> gone.

Thanks Dylan & Hads

You've put my mind at rest!!

Shopping again tomorrow then...good job that when I bought the Tosh I'd
made sure I could return it if it didn't work on my media system!!. It
helped that the display model had the same symptoms when I asked the sales
rep to try it on a PC at lunch time :-)

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks