[mythtvnz] Mileage of Universal Remotes with Soundgraph IR receivers - anybody tried?

Matt Poff matt.poff at headfirst.co.nz
Sun Jan 27 23:00:47 GMT 2008

A friend gave me an unknown brand Universal remote to try out on my box
as the iMON Pad remote which came with my Silverstone LC16 case is
crapping out (FF and Pause buttons failing to respond).

The remote was a Chunghop something or rather but I tried about six
different manufacturers and Lirc conf files and couldn't get any joy.
modex output showed erratic codes being generated on presses, sometimes
the same code for two different buttons.

However, I thought a better known universal remote might be worth a
shot, such as the Logitech series which claim to support over 200K
devices. However, I read somewhere else that Soundgraph, creators of the
iMON remote and receiver had recently tuned their IR receivers to only
work with their own (Crappy) remotes.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience using Uni Remotes with
Soundgraph receivers?

Cheers,
Matt